Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Winter Cupcakes Round-Up and an Announcement

My sincerest apologies to all of you who have been waiting to see the round-up and participated in the challenge. I just can't seem to keep track of this event when I'm trying to put the information over here on a separate blog with a separate email address.

So, AYE is in for some big changes. The first big change - this separate blog will be no more after this round-up. It will still be here as an archive and I will add links over at PheMOMenon, but all postings will happen at PheMOMenon instead.

My next change is going to be how the themes are chosen. Let me explain why I'm making these changes. When I first put together this event it was to explore specific ingredients, techniques, and recipes as well as different types of creations that we can all use our creativity to come up with a different spin on.

I want it to be a collection of all the cool stuff that all my cool food blogging friends can put together - and it definitely has been exactly that, but not to the extreme I want it to be. That is my fault because I've done a rather lousy job as a host. I need to do better. I hope that these changes are the start of this! I will soon be announcing the new Art You Eat event on PheMOMenon!

Without further ado, here is the roundup for the Cupcakes - please vote for a winner and they will receive the winning badge! You have until March 20th (midnight MST) to vote!

White Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes, by CB aka Clara at i heart cuppycakes!









White Chocolate & Cranberry Cupcakes with white chocolate, cranberry,pistachio cream cheese frosting from Jen at Beantown Baker







Orange Cupcakes with Prunes and Chocolate by Zozó at Cooking Star








Chocolate Shiner Stout Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache and Bailey's Buttercream Frosting, by Sherra at Baking Up Chaos









Brownies Cupcakes by Priyasuresh at Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes










Christmas Cupcakes by Happy Cook at My Kitchen Treasures










Snowmen Cupcakes by Nicisme at Cherrapeno

4 comments:

Caramella Mou said...

Hi there,
I've been soo busy over the past months, I've completely missed out the latest challenges.
I'd like to vote for the melted snowmen cuppies, they are so cute!

Caramella

Unknown said...

I should vote for myself because I do really want to win. But i'm going to vote for Clara and her coconut cupcakes. YUMMO!

Rush said...

its like a cupcake world..yum yum yum!!

Barbara said...

Lovely roundup... the snowman cupcakes are adorable!